Here you will find the available Life Fluids databases, as we develop them. Each human body fluid includes metabolites, proteins (and related genes), chemical elements, and transcripts.
Life Fluids is a long-term project. We are working on DB’s of Urine, Breath, Saliva, Blood, and Feces.
Didn’t find your biofluid of interest? Contact us for inquiries.
Disclaimer: The Life Fluids project members do their best efforts to deliver a high-quality Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgement. However, we make no warranties to that effect, and the authors and their institutions shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
List of Biofluids
A biofluid is a water-based liquid that contains solutes essential to body functions, thus making highly variable the chemical composition of them, as it is dependent on which portion of the body is located.
- Gastrointestinal fluids: feces/stool, gastric juice, bile, pancreatic juice, flatulences
- Nasopharyngeal biofluids: sputum, mucus
- Ocular biofluids: aqueous humor, tears, rheum
- Reproductive biofluids: vaginal flux, semen
- Biofluids of gestation: amniotic fluid, fluid contained in the transient embryonic cavities, breast milk
- Respiratory biofluids: breath, bronchial lavage
- Biofluids of the ear: cerumen, endolymph, perilymph
- Liquid cerebrospinal fluid
- Cavity fluids: pleural, peritoneal, pericardial
- Joint biofluids: synovial fluid, synovial bag