Here you will find the available databases, as we develop them. Human body fluids databases include metabolites, proteins and related genes, and metals (or ions).
Life Fluids is a long-term project. We are currently working on DB’s of Blood, Feces, Breath and Saliva. Didn’t find your biofluid of interest? Contact us for inquires
Disclaimer: The Life Fluids project members do their best efforts to deliver a high-quality Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgement. However, we make no warranties to that effect, and the authors and their institutions shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
List of Biofluids
A biofluid is a water-based liquid that contains solutes essential to body functions, thus makes highly variable the chemical composition of them, as it is dependent on which portion of body is located.
- Gastrointestinal fluids: feces/stool, gastric juice, bile, pancreatic juice, flatulences
- Nasopharyngeal biofluids: sputum, mucus
- Ocular biofluids: aqueous humor, tears, rheum
- Reproductive biofluids: vaginal flux, semen
- Biofluids of gestation: amniotic fluid, fluid contained in the transient embryonic cavities, breast milk
- Respiratory biofluids: breath, bronchial lavage
- Biofluids of the ear: cerumen, endolymph, perilymph
- Liquid cerebrospinal fluid
- Cavity fluids: pleural, peritoneal, pericardial
- Joint biofluids: synovial fluid, synovial bag